To join the Walking Group, only Cleckheaton U3A membership is required.
However, you still need to enrol and pay the £1 administration fee.
All walks take place on the second Monday of the month, starting about 10.30am, and continue throughout the year. They are about five miles long.
A list of walks is displayed on the U3A notice board on the top floor of the Town Hall and here on the website. Boots are recommended, but stout shoes are necessary even in summer. Appropriate clothing should be worn.
- All participants will be required to sign an insurance disclaimer confirming fitness to participate and acceptance of sole responsibility for their own safety.
- Participants are asked for a contact phone number in case of an emergency – this needs to be the phone number of someone else!
- Participants are also asked to please add an In Case of Emergency Number under ICE on their mobile phones.
- All walks are taken at an easy pace.
- Parking at some of the meeting points can be difficult.
- Please use your discretion when choosing a parking spot.
- Do not bring your dog.
- A packed lunch is not really needed but you could bring a warm drink.
- The leader has the right to refuse to take anyone who they consider a danger to themselves and others.
- Walks are subject to weather and the leader has the right to cancel if he/she considers that conditions are too risky.
Click below for details of all December 2017 – September 2018 walks
Updated on 9 December 2017
Photographs from the October walk 2016
Thornhill & The Canal
Photographs from the September walk 2016
Bailiff Bridge to Norwood Green